The School Uniform can be purchased at:
Zak Kidz— 812 Ave. T
A Child’s Wish–1865 East 22nd St. 718-336-4651
For the School Uniform G’mach Please contact Devora Weinstock at
917-969-5183 after 6:00pm
The SHULAMITH uniform is an important part of our school policy. Our children’s appearance reflects their role as Tinokot Shel Bait Raban and BnotTorah and influences their education.
Uniforms are mandatory for all girls in grades 1-8.
* White or yellow oxford shirts, turtlenecks and collared polo-style shirts are permitted. Layers worn under shirts must be solid white crewneck. No sleeveless or cap sleeves are allowed.
* Sweatshirts with the SHULAMITH logo or solid black or solid white sweatshirts may be worn.
* Girls in grades 1-5 must wear the “uniform box pleat”navy blue or “uniform plaid” skirt/jumper. Skirt length must be below the knee when seated.
** Leggings may be worn under skirts if they are not visible, or tucked into boots.
* Shoes/sneakers are the only acceptable footwear. Socks must be worn. For safety concerns, platform shoes, backless shoes (Naot), Crocs, Heelys, sandals and slippers are not permitted.
1) Uniform skirt:
Navy drop waist skirt or plaid skirt with stitched down pleats. Some stores are selling skirts made with fabric similar to our school uniform. They are not acceptable.
The skirt must be long enough to cover the knees at all times.
2) Uniform shirt:
An oxford cotton blend pique shirt in solid yellow or white.
Uniform shirts must be buttoned high enough to cover the neck bone. (only the top button should be undone) Elbows must be covered at all times.
Only white tee shirts should be worn underneath if additional layering is necessary for warmth
No shirts should be seen “peeking through” from underneath the uniform shirt.
Solid colored sweaters and sweatshirts without words or pictures on the front or back are allowed.
Sweatshirts bought during a school trip (Philadelphia or Washington) are permitted
T-shirts worn for the Israeli Independence Day Parade are permitted. A uniform shirt must be worn underneath if the sleeves are short or the neck low.
Denim jackets are not permitted during school time.
Socks must be worn daily and cover the ankle completely. If ankle length socks are being worn, they must have a roll over cuff. Tennis socks are not permitted.
Pants, pajamas, leggings and jeggings may not be worn in any visible manner.
No high top shoes or high top sneakers are permitted.
Out of safety concerns, platform shoes, backless shoes (Naot), Crocs, Heelys, sandals and slippers are not permitted.
6) Nail polish of any color (other than clear) is not permitted.
7) Cornrows, beads, bleaching or enhancing of hair color are not permitted in school at any time.
9) No make up is allowed. If you have a simcha the night before, please make sure to remove all make-up and nail polish before coming to school.
As your child grows, please check that her clothing fits. Remember, fashion goes hand-in-hand with Tzni’ut!
|SHULAMITH will be strictly enforcing the uniform policy. *Students who come dressed inappropriately will be required to change. Parents will be contacted. *Second-time offenders will be sent home.|